New Mitersaw has Arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Well, it's gloat time again! LOML gave me a basic 10" Delta Miter saw about 4-5 years ago and, while it has served me well, it has begun to exhibit a small amount of blade wandering that results in less than uniform cuts. So I recently visited my favorite store -- Amazon.com -- and placed an order for a 12" Porter-Cable 3802L Compound Miter Saw. Steve D has the same model and I had an opportunity to use it recently and liked every feature. I decided to avoid a sliding Compound Miter Saw because they take too much bench room and are nearly twice the cost (and some suggest they are not as accurate).

Here are a few thumbnails of the saw after 15 minutes of setup time (click on them for full pic):

1) 2)
3) 4)

1) The saw, with sliding cast aluminum fence and left-side extension table;
2) Dual Laser Beam turned on -- each side can be adjusted to hit the exact side of the saw kerf. They are visible throughout the saw cut (unlike the Hitachi or others where the beam disappears as the blade is lowered);
3) A good quality 40-tooth carbide blade (Thin-kerf, ATB, 5° Hook) comes with the saw; but
4) I want precise cuts, so enter the MSRP $179.00 Freud "Ultimate Cutoff" 96-tooth LU85R012 Teflon coated, 1/8" kerf ATB blade ($69.99 from Amazon.com when I ordered, but now is $114 and change).

Looking forward to using it -- and yes, I plan to build a dedicated miter saw station...

Rob

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Hey Rob, YOU SUCK! That looks like a decent CMS. I really like the laser set up on the PC. Good deal on the new blade too. It is amazing how prices can change so quickly on Amazon.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yep, you SUCK that looks like a very nice saw. I have a 12" Dewalt and it's all I need in a CMS.

Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Nice new toy there. I miss my CMS station more than I thought I would. I may have to replace one of my cabinets with a new CMS station. I'd be interested in what kind of design you plan to use.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I've got the Delta 36-255L, which is very nearly the same saw (kind of a GMC/Chevy thing going on), and really enjoy mine. The laser is a great feature, and you can see this same saw in action on NYWS. I got mine at Lowe's when they seemed to be getting out of the Delta line about 2 years ago.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Congratulations Rob, YOU SUCK!

Sounds like a well thought out purchase and now you have the challenge of building the workstation :icon_thum

Sapwood

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wowwwwww!! That is way too cool...I have the economy 10 inch model...let's see, mine has a smaller blade, no lasers...

YOU SUCK!!!

Seriously, very nice setup.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS