New Member Morrisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjonners

New User
Matt
Moved to the RTP area a few months ago and have just found this site. I've been woodworking for a couple of years, a friend in upstate NY (where I relocated from) got me interested.

I'm pretty busy with work and a young family, so projects take their sweet time. Still, I've managed to make and Arts and Craft Mantel clock for my parents and am currently working on a Morris Chair. Hope to get more involved in the local scene as time allows. Thanks.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the friendliest woodworking website in the Universe, Matt. Very happy that you found us and we'll look forward to seeing you in the forums and at get togethers. Lots of members and ww resources in the Triangle area that you'll be able to tap from here. Enjoy!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Matt, I am glad you found us. I would love to see some of your A&C pieces as that is one of my favorite styles...love the QS grain. I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing some of your work.
See you around!!

Dave:)

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Hey Matt! Great to have you with us. You'll have to join us next time we have an RTP lunch. Lot's of us work in and around Morrisville.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Matt. You found a great place in NC and at NCWW. I moved here in 1993 from Poughkeepsie and have loved every second of it. One thing to keep in mind. WE love pictures.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the friendliest site on the internet, it is great that you joined us. Feel free to jump in at any time.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to ya, Matt!!!

Glad to see that you joined us.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I am sure that you will really enjoy the reads on the site and reap the benefit of this wealth of experience and wisdom from these folks!:wsmile:

Have fun and stay safe around those power tools.

Wayne

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome to the site. You moved from a beautiful area to another beautiful state.

Keep us posted with pictures of your work.

:wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Matt. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I know what you mean a bout being busy and projects inching along ever so slowly. :embaresse This is a great group of folks. I look forward to your input and seeing some of your work. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

mrjonners

New User
Matt
Thanks for all the welcome messages, I look forward to future discussions. To answer a few of the questions, moved from Albany NY, where I lived for ~7 years, after moving from across the pond. I will get some pictures uploaded soon, when I can find them (I have to rescue them from the old dinosaur computer).

I recently added a Ridgid benchtop thickness planer to my collection, so looking forward to getting that cranked up to help out with numerous slates for the chair. Any tips/advice on using thickness planers is always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS