New member in Ralegh

Status
Not open for further replies.

seebee

New User
charles
I relocated to Raleigh in October and joined the Triangle Wood Workers. They told me about this site and suggested that I join. I was an active member of the Western Pennsylvania Wood Workers for many years.

I am a retired Electrical Engineer that spent most of my career as an executive in the semiconductor industry. My hobbies include the design and construction of fine furniture, clock making, tool and die making, restoration of antique tractors and engines, and home brewing. I have a relatively complete wood and metal shop. My wife and I are in the progress of building a home and shop in Granville County, so all my equipment is in storage until the shop is completed.

My last project before we moved was a solid walnut pencil post bed with a spalted maple headboard. It was constructed from air dried, rough sawn walnut that I obtained from a retired forester. I designed and built a indexed taper jig to cut the octagonal posts on my table saw. The transitions from the octagonal section to the square section were cut on my Bridgeport milling machine. The bed was a wedding present for my daughter.

Charles

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Charles, I am glad that you found us. You've quickly found two of the best woodworking organizations in this area. Both are a wealth of knowledge and like minded folks. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pictures of your shop as it progresses and the work that comes out of it later. The bed you described sounds gorgeous. The color of Walnut works so well with the light/dark contrast of spalted Maple.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Charles, welcome aboard. You'll find a great group of folks around here that like to make sawdust. We like pictures of anything and look forward to seeing some from you.:thumbs_up

Brian.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the friendliest woodworking site in the Universe, Charles. We're very happy to have you join and from the sound of your introduction, you'll be a good source of information for many of us! You'll notice that you've got a small camera icon under your name in posts you make (or just click on Photo Gallery up top) -- you can easily upload pictures to you own Photo Gallery and arrange it into multiple albums if you wish. Then there is a brand new FAQ in that forum on posting pictures in your threads -- that's just a wee hint to amplify what Brian just suggested -- we like pictures! As a matter of fact, around here, "No pictures, didn't happen!".

Happy to have you join us! Enjoy the site!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome again Charles. I am glad you took my advise and gave us a try. The members of this site are and the best and most friendly woodworkers anywhere on the planet. I would love to see pictures of your works.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the friendliest site on the internet, it is great that you joined us. Feel free to jump in at any time

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Charles!:icon_chee

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of those unique bed posts and especially the jig that you built to cut them on the TS.:wsmile:

Be sure and post some photos of your shop when you get all moved in!

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Charles. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Sounds like you've got a nice shop and a ton of talent. Please share some pictures of your work. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS