New Guy on the Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamp

New User
Stan
Hi - I've been making quality sawdust since woodshop classes back in Jr. High in the '70s. I was spoiled by having all the right tools available there.

Recently, I've built bookshelves for the livingroom that actually turned out pretty nice - I'm working on being more patient as I get near finishing my projects. It seems to be helping.

I'm also finishing out my home office (computer consultant working from home). I'll be doing more bookshelves and some built-ins there.

I'm interested in building some semi-rustic furniture for the office - it is pretty big and I'd like a nice slab coffee table there. I'm also interested in trying my hand at some marquetry. I've seen a couple of real nice cabinets with marquetry work that I'd like to try to make. That was in an article on how to build a manual jig saw for large pieces of marquetry. I guess I'll need to build the saw first...

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome to the site Stan. You will find it to be a valuable source of help as well as a great place to share some of your own knowledge. I look forward also to seeing some of your projects.

J

jeff...

Stan - one of my son's is rebuilding a 73 Plymouth Scamp - Welcome to the site, fellow dust maker, cough, hack, sneeze...

SSuther

New User
Stan
Welcome to the group from another Stan. This is a great group of folks, and relatively local, too!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Stan, glad you joined us!
You may want to check out this post for a great example of rustic furniture :icon_thum It was done by one of our members, Kyle, a woodworker and sawyer.

Enjoy,
Roger

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Stan -- happy to have you on board. Be sure to takes some pics of your projects and upload them to the Photo Gallery -- check out the FAQs Forum for how to upload those pics -- around here, we love pictures. As many will say, "no pics, it didn't happen", so join in on just one of the great benefits of this site -- be sure to check out our Link and Download Libraries as well -- lots of useful stuff!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS