New from Holly Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bholcombe

New User
Ben
Hi guys. I wandered into this site and it seems like a good place to hang out.

I've been doing woodworking for about six years now as a hobby. My general motto is: if its worth doing, its worth doing bigger. Somehow almost all of my projects end up substantially larger (and more expensive) than originally intended.

Ben

Last edited:

guitarted_phool

New User
david
Hiya, bholcombe. You've found a great site. I hope to see you a lot.

The Official Welcoming Commitee will be along shortly and they will teach you the "Official Handshake.

Peace,
dw

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW!!

Just make sure to post lots of pictures, we looovvveee pictures ;-)

Pull up a stool and hang out for a spell.

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Welcome :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy the collected wisdom and insight that this site offers as much as the rest of us.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Ben!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Lots of great folks here with plenty offer in the way of advice when your back is up against the wall with a problem. Just holler!:wsmile:

We do love to see pictures of each other's creations and always looking for inspiration.:eusa_clap

A bunch of us live not too far from you and always willing to assist.

Post often and by all means stay safe!

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Ben!
I think you've stumbled onto a real gem here . . . NCWWer is one of the web's finest :icon_thum

Roger

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Ben. I know exactly what you mean about projects becoming bigger. I built my wife an easel for her birthday this year. My problem was that I was building it in a warehouse (everything looks smaller in a warehouse). Got it home and it would barely fit through the door. :help: But I wanted to surprise her, so I took it in and set it up in the middle of the den (pretty much took up the whole room). :dontknow: Well, lets just say, she was surprised. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm: Now it's folded up against a wall and is never used. :tinysmile_cry_t:

And in case you were wondering what the secret handshake is, it's this:

:eek:ccasion1

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Welcome to the site. Be sure to post some pics of those BIG scope creep type of projects.

tv

Dragon

New User
David
Hi guys. I wandered into this site and it seems like a good place to hang out.

I've been doing woodworking for about six years now as a hobby. My general motto is: if its worth doing, its worth doing bigger. Somehow almost all of my projects end up substantially larger (and more expensive) than originally intended.

Ben

Welcome to the site. Sounds a lot like me. I go to build a simple plant stand and it winds up being suitable for jacking up trucks.

Deano

New User
Deano
Welcome Ben

Glad you have found the site you will quickly discover it is a great find. However to get the most out of it and enjoy some great reading you will need to visit often. Looking forward to reading your threads. Regards Deano :banana:

Luckbox72

New User
Eric
Welcome. I too am from Holly Springs. There is nothing wrong with over engineering, at least that’s what I call it, the wife calls it over complicating, or over thinking things. I like my term better.

bholcombe

New User
Ben
Thats great, it sounds like my 7.5 ft tall x 4 ft wide bookshelf will feel at home here. Though it isn't nearly as heavy as the full size bed I made for my daughter, my brother in law had back surgery a month after helping me get it upstairs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS