NCWW Teaches Pen Turning 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to nelsone, ashley_phil , gotojeremy , hpm67 , PeteM, ptt49er and Tom (not yet an North Carolina Woodworker member). We got together last night (Thursday) for a lesson on pen turning. Needless to say it was a great time with great people! nelsone & hpm67 taught the rest of us as how the entire process works. :icon_thum

Thank you all for teaching me how to make a pen! Maybe we can make this a regular event! :eusa_danc

Here are the results of the first attempt! Turned out pretty good for a first! It is made of Cherry (a scrap piece from my daughters crib last year)

P1010097.jpg

From left to right: Mike (hpm67), Tom (future NCWW with back turned) ,Ed (nelsone), Jeremy (gotojeremy), Phillip (ptt49er AKA New Daddy!) and Pete (petem)

P1010102.jpg

(A few more pics in my photo album under Pen Turning)

Last edited by a moderator:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice looking pen. It's fun isn't it. Is the wood Cherry? I have two pen kits like that, maybe I can start them next week.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Pretty good? I'd say very good for a first pen. Great work! :eusa_clap:icon_thum:eusa_clap Looks like a good time was had by all. We'll have to convene a triangle version soon ;-). I'd love to see how the pros do it. You can always learn something new. Great job guys!

Last edited:

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Thanks for having us Jeremy! I had a great time. Thanks again to Heather for the brownies too!

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Jeremy and Heather make great hosts! A great time was certainly had by all! Once again it was great to put more faces with names on here. Not to mention a little gloat I have, but I have to wait until the wife sees it to post any pics. :) Jeremy, please tell Heather thanks again!

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Any time I have been with a bunch of people that enjoy working with wood I have always had a great time.
The instruction you got was a plus.
Great job on the pen although it looks awfully long:eusa_thin

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great job on the pen although it looks awfully long:eusa_thin

Well Jeremy has long fingers!:lol:

It was a lot of fun getting together last night! Many thanks to Jeremy and Heather for their hospitality! I hope we were able to impart some basics to get you guys started. The idea of a regular get together is great and I hope we can make it work! Next time maybe we'll play with some segments!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
More thanks to Jeremy and Heather for the goodies .

It was a fun evening.

pete

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome, that is what this site is all about :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Who' the guy with the drill? I think he needs my hat more than I do...

attachment.php

Pretty cool getting together like that it's what make this site what it is.

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Who' the guy with the drill? I think he needs my hat more than I do...

attachment.php

Pretty cool getting together like that it's what make this site what it is.

From left to right we have:

myself, Tom (future North Carolina Woodworker with back turned), Ed (nelsone), Jeremy (gotojeremy), Phillip (ptt49er AKA New Daddy!) and Pete (petem)

J

jeff...

Found the hat at Cracker Barrel.

Jeremy you NEED the hat man :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS