Miter Saw Station

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
A couple weeks ago there was a discussion concerning a miter saw station. I’ve been wanting to do something for a while now but didn’t know what to do. @HMH posted what he did and it inspired me to do something, so thanks Heath.
I’ve been using a portable saw station for years and needed a better fence that I could incorporate a flip stop. So this one has that along with a more sturdy flat surface. The cabinet below has compartments for cut-off and throw-away bits and pieces. I still need to rig up something to suck the dust out of the compartment behind the saw. For now I’m just going to see where the dust collects and figure it out from there. I tried to minimize the opening, but with a sliding/tilting/rotating saw there’s still a big opening. The built in vacuum port pulls quite a bit, but there’s still plenty of dust that can fly all over the place.
IMG_5072.jpeg
IMG_5074.jpeg
IMG_5075.jpeg

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Must have been around a while or is the MS stand eligible for the contest?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Very nice, Craig! Do you just have the one dust hose connected to the back of the saw, or is there another hose at the back of the box surrounding the saw?

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Very nice, Craig! Do you just have the one dust hose connected to the back of the saw, or is there another hose at the back of the box surrounding the saw?
Thanks, just the one hose for now. I’m going to do some testing to figure out the best way to get the dust that is captured by the box surrounding the saw.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS