Messages apppearing out of order

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Under the Tools for Sale discussion on the home page, WG's entry says it was from an hour ago and is inbetween posts from at least a day ago. If this was a left over problem from the other day why would the topic even show up as a recent discussion?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have noticed that before, on occasion. A few times when I had made a reply and knew where it fell in the order, later I would see it listed as one reply later than before. Very interesting?:eusa_thin

Dave:)

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
This is just a theory, so FWIW...

Depending on how you view threads it changes the order they are displayed...I think linear is just by date/time...but if you view in threaded or hybrid they are in "conversational order" or whatever the proper term is. So if someone quoted a post a few days before, it would show it after the post that was quoted if that makes sense.

Again, just a guess without investigating it, which I probably should do before opening my big mouth but hey, what's life without taking chances? :lol:

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I think that you're right on Jonz. I made the switch to "linear mode" and now it's sorted by date/time only.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Yup, I struggled with that for a while myself. I had the same frustrations. After changing over to linear, I have trouble imaging why anyone would want those two other, IMHO very confusing modes...

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
I've always preferred linear style myself. I think that a lot of folks that have been on the internet since the "old days" are more used to threaded mode and prefer it as it is closer to newsgroup style. I guess a lot of it is just what you get used to and they both have their strong points, I'm just used to linear myself now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS