Mantle Clock completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I just got my mantle clock back from the clock shop. I made this clock out of red oak. I had the clock master put in a 7 day Hermle triple chime movement. It is a gift for my sister, she graduated from nursing school earlier this year. It is a gift for graduation, birthday, Christmas, and a few more ocassions I'll think of between now and Christmas.

Thanks for looking

clock2.jpg

clock.jpg

DavidF

New User
David
Nice looking clock Clay. Should last a life time. Hope you put your name on it somewhere.

I used the Hemle movements in 3 long case clocks I made in the past - nice stuff.

Monty

New User
Monty
A very nice clock! Good to see it finished. I'm curious what's in the side "windows" - are they open, glass, inlay, ???

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, very nice :eusa_clap How did you do the mouldings on the top, they make it spectacular:icon_thum Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Here are a few more shots. One for insom.. The windows are just cut from a pattern using a pattern cutting bit, and then I ran a router around them to give them a profile. There is glass in the window.
whats-inside.jpg

And one for Dave..... The top molding is 3 levels of wood. A top, middle, and bottom. The top and bottom are cut from simple everyday router bits. The middle was cut from a "topless" router bit, ran in about an inch deep, then I cut the profile from other types of bits that I had onhand.
top-molding.jpg

sapwood

New User
Roger
Cool Clay, that is a beaut!

And it definitely looks like it will be around a few generations :icon_thum

Sapwood

Jay

New User
Jay
Dittos to what everyone else said Clay! Outstanding work and I'm sure it will truly be appreciated.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great job Clay.:icon_thum That turned out very nice. Thanks for the additional photos of the side windows. I remember your earlier post where you were trying to figure out the best way to cut them. You did a a wonderful job and I am sure you sister will really like it for many years to come.

D L

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Very nice Clay, I think you are covered for everything from ground hog day to take your daughter to work day. Nice selection on the movement too it is really showcased nicely in your clock.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Clay,

Very nice! You can show off that with pride. I made one similar to it years ago. I am working on another project right now that is very challenging. I am making a round table with veneer inlay of a Fire Department Maltese Cross in the top. But have put on hold for a while as I suffered another mini stroke and trying to make a come back. My hands don't work as well so have not done anything to get hurt. But just wanted to tell you how nice a job you did on the mantle clock. Keep up the good woodworking. Terry
:saw:

rmruskin

New User
Bob
Nice job, your sister will enjoy for many years. I built a similar one a few years back only I used a satin finish which gives it an old look.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS