Major Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Thanks to JimmyC who wouldn't take the excuse that my truck was broken down and lent his and his muscles. I am now the proud owner of an 18" Rikon band saw.

Now I need to run to Lowes and get wire and a breaker to wire up an outlet for it.

Major kudo's to Jimmy for hauling and ptt49er (Phillip) for helping unload it.

IMG_01251.JPG

IMG_01262.JPG

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Congratulations!
A bigger bandsaw and better Dust Collection is on my shorlist for my workshop....I'm sure you will love that one!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
ConBanduLations! :icon_thum :wink_smil :eusa_clap :eek:ccasion1
Does this mean the recession is over? :gar-La; :banana:

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
That is awesome Rob! I think it was just last weekend that I heard you talking about this and poof here it is! Way to make it happen captain :icon_thum

Rob

New User
Rob
Nope, no raising of the dome, but we did have to lay it on it's side, on a couple of dolly's I bought for this purpose.

Cool think about the saw, half the money I spent on the saw came from selling pens at work. I love it when a hobby "almost" pays for itself.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Rob,
Have you got it wired up yet ? There shouldn't be any excuses because Susan was mowing the lawn, and her and your son were doing the yardwork. I don't think that you were doing anything when I left :gar-La;.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Congratulations Rob,

I know you've been talking bout getting the mondo size BS and now there it is!

If its the one I saw on Craigs List, you got an awesome deal.

I've got the 14in er and just love it to death. Great resaw fence too! IMHO.

Rocka a licious!

Matt

Rob

New User
Rob
Rob,
Have you got it wired up yet ? There shouldn't be any excuses because Susan was mowing the lawn, and her and your son were doing the yardwork. I don't think that you were doing anything when I left :gar-La;.

It has power. Went and got a breaker and wire last night, wired it up this morning before everyone was up. Less complaining about shutting power off to the house that way. :gar-La;

I put the half inch blade on it, thanks to Mark (who was over to play with the welder) who was nice enough to point out that it was on upside down. :rotflm:

Still need to read the manual on adjustments so I can put it through it's paces this morning.

Rob

New User
Rob
Well, it's adjusted, put the 1/2" blade on, did all the adjustments, and cut a 8" bowl blank out of Pecan. Pecan didn't even slow it down. I think I need a 3/8" blade to cut bowl blanks. Had a hard time turning an 8" radius around the 1/2" blade without twisting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS