Look what showed up at my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
my photos
Came home from work today and this was in my yard:eek:.Didn't even have to touch it YET.Some of it is rough but it's free.Rough cut white oak and one piece of cherry 11x5x12.Now What:gar-La;.Well I tried to upload picks but I don't think it worked:help::dontknow:.

Wood_002.jpg

Wood_0061.jpg

Wood_007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Robert you must have some secret admirer somewhere. Free wood delivered :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
Unfortunately that Cherry burl is no good, and will bring vast misfortune upon your shop. You must send it to me for proper disposal while you still can. I have the powers to deal with it, and render it into a harmless pile of dust.

Nice score, I see some box tops, or platters in the Cherry burl and the Oak should be good for anything else made of wood :icon_thum

Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dave, that is what I like about you. Always willing to take a shot for the team. Robert that is a nice haul. :thumbs_up Does your friend need anymore friends?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
WOW! Robert, what a score!

Somebody really likes you!

That burl looks like several hundred dollars worth. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

J

jeff...

Nice Cat - good for snaking and mousing. We have strays around often - doesn;t help much that my daughter feeds them. But at least they leave full only to show up another day for another hand out :gar-La;

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Thanks guy's for fixing the post.One of these days I'll learn how to post pix:icon_scra.The pile of oak is what the guy left me :eusa_danc.The Cherry Burl came off that HUGE Burl I posted a while back.More pix in my gallery.Got the oak ****ed today 45pcs. 8ft long 8&9in wide.The guy had most of it cut at 3/4in thick:BangHead:.I don't think he knew what he was doing.Hey but whow crying it's FREE right.I'll try to figure out the board ft later.Of course I know some of you will know right of the bat:eek:.By the way Dave what did you make out of the burl I give you and Tom?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
By the way Dave what did you make out of the burl I give you and Tom?

Nothing yet. I am still determining the best way to cut it up so I can get some to Tom and end up with the most usuable stock. Plus it is getting use to my shop air...yeah, that's it :roll::roll:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS