Load of cypress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Picked up a few cypress logs Friday. Numbers on the end represent B/F.

Attachments

• mill pic 001.jpg
    mill pic 001.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 258
  • mill pic 002.jpg
    mill pic 002.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 248

Ivey

New User
Ivey
The next day by dinner time ( lunch for some folks) they looked like this.:-D

Attachments

• mill pic 003.jpg
    mill pic 003.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 221
  • mill pic 004.jpg
    mill pic 004.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 199
J

jeff...

Ivey the lumber looks great man :icon_thum

For some reason I feel like I should offer one little bit of advise. Your ratchet straps would be better it the ratchet were on the passenger side of the trailer. That way if you have to pull over to tighten them up your not standing on the traffic side of your trailer. I learned this the hard way - someone pulled over to the side of the with blinking lights means to slow down right? Wrong...

it's much safer working on the passenger side of the trailer.

Thanks

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Jack, your beam can be seen in the background of one of the pictures, its good and clear and waiting for you..

Jeff, thank you for the concern of my safety. I like to see the ratchets, can't see them on the other side. I have the chain binders on the drivers side when I haul logs also, I like to see them. Being in law enforcement for 28 years I am well aware of roadside danger, if I ever have to tighten things things up (and I do) I always pull to a safe place.
I understand what you are saying, I'll be carefull, thanks

saw4you

New User
Jack
I put my ratchets on the driver side so I can see them also, that way you can tell if the logs start to settle and or the strap loosens up.

J

jeff...

I used to run with the ratchets on the drivers side for the same reason as you Jack. That is till one popped and I had to pull over pretty quick and put on a new ratchet. Granted it was not the best place to pull over but I didn't have much choice in the matter (Murphy's law I guess). It's without saying much more that some people don't care much if your pulled over with the emergency flashers on standing there monkeying with straps ... It's much safer on the passenger side.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS