Library cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
OKay, I have been asked to make a Library cart. Anyone have any plans for one? I have an idea in my head, it seems easy, but I want to make a really nice one. Photos are good too, because I really suck :dontknow: at trying to read plans. Thanks so much.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
When I think library cart I picture something like this -

bookcart.jpg

Or this -

guidecraft_6416.jpg

With the second one I would angle the shelves toward the center just a few degrees for safety.

HTH,
Dave:)

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Yeah, Dave, that first one is pretty basic, and the angled shelves area must. I like the style of the second one. Maple ,ight not be a bad choice for it either. Hmmm...thanks for the pics! Now I have something in my mind to kick around...besides the grey matter!

:widea:

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
maybe use some complementing darker wood for the edge or a simple inlay and it should dress up fine. You could put a skirting around the bottom to hide the wheels that might make it look more like a bookshelf when stationary. maybe use some nice QSWO and go for a craftsman or green and green look with some stile and rail ends with maybe a curve to the top. Guess it depends on the budget :gar-Bi

Here is another look I found...
WBC-WB0383.jpg

happy designing! Thats the best way to do it - then it's unique! Looking forward to Pics!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS