Library Built In

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Several weeks ago I was asked to build a library unit for a couple here in the Charlotte area and I've been busy working on it ever since. Although it is not yet complete I am going to post a few pics of the project so far. I am doing this as a true build in instead of building components. My plan is to have it finished, take it over flat and assemble it in the house.

Here is the initial design we settled on.
library1.jpg

Here is the lower section dry assembled.
IMAG0049.jpg

Here is the molding I put on the counter piece.
IMAG0055.jpg

I thought I had a pic of the upper section dry assembled, but I appearantly don't. Here is the base and counter pieces dyed. I decided to use dye instead of stain to get an even color between the plywood and solid wood.
PIC-0010.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the molding.
IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

Some of the cabinet doors are finished.
IMAG0076-1.jpg

That's about it for now. I'll post some more pics when I start putting this together!

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Ed the whole thing looks great. Especially the cabinet doors. They look awesome. :icon_thum

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Lookin' good there Ed ! Looks like the color match is right on. Nice job.

pete

nelsone

New User
Ed
Thanks guys! I haven't posted many progress pics because there really hasn't been anything to show other than a bunch of flat boards! I should start assembling this this weekend.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Well, here's the progress so far on library unit. I was supposed to have it finished, but due to some unexpected delays, I am not finished yet. Thankfully the people I am doing this for are very understanding. Hopefully I will be able to finish by next weekend.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS