Lessons learned - Photopost voting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
.... in no particular order

• If the voting type is RATINGS, you have to enable both posting AND voting in that category before anyone can vote. I wanted people to be able to vote but not post comments, but enabling voting by itself won't work - you gotta have both.

• Also for RATINGS voting, the Photopost default option is to display everybody's vote even if they don't post a comment along with their vote. We don't want that, because that makes everybody's vote visible. So you have to go to "Show Photo Options" and select NO for the "Display ratings that have no comments attached?" option.

• If the voting type is CONTEST, you have to go to that category and click on "Enable Voting" before anyone can vote. I knew that but forgot about it.

• DO NOT click on "Reset Vote Counts". ;-)

• There are lots of weekends to choose from... why on Earth would anyone in their right mind pick a weekend to end the contest (and then to end the voting) when people might be confused about which time zone they're in?!?!? :roll:

• Finally, NEVER start a contest in the early morning hours right before heading off for a busy day at work, when you can't monitor and troubleshoot. :slap:

Just figured I'd post this for future reference... maybe it'll come in handy when contest time rolls around again. Did I miss anything?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I just finished my voting....pheww, that's a lot of clickin'. Some where going through the entries the "voting" changed to Quick Edit and you didn't have to hit submit, which was very nice. I think I tried to vote for NC Scroller's entry while that change was being made, as my first vote was denied, but I went back and it was allowed the second time.

Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
the "voting" changed to Quick Edit and you didn't have to hit submit, which was very nice.

cool... I just stumbled across that setting. You can enable quick ratings, but you STILL have to have posting of comments enabled or even the quick ratings won't work..... :eusa_thin

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
cool... I just stumbled across that setting. You can enable quick ratings, but you STILL have to have posting of comments enabled or even the quick ratings won't work..... :eusa_thin

That sounds like a GREAT improvement...didn't have that available when I voted today...and it was a lot of clicking. I'm glad there are a lot of entries to choose from. some projects are AMAZING, but the pictures are not, unfortunately. I think this calendar competition would be raging if we can enable the members to get better pix...not sure how...

Chris

clowman

Clay Lowman
DO NOT click on "Reset Vote Counts".

I learned this one best of all... I guarantee I'll never do that again. Heck.. I probally wouldn't click it now if someone told me to..

cskipper

Cathy
I guess it took my votes because when I open up the images now I do not have the option of voting. Sound right? How come we can't rate our own? :lol:

Is there a way to tell how the voting is going without viewing each picture again and again?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cathy, at the bottom of the Album you can sort the pics by rating level. That will show you the highest rated 12 (coincidentally :-D). I've only checked it about 2 times lately :roll::roll:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS