Lawyer joke post might be trouble....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
These have been around a while. IMHO, none are in bad taste but if we follow the letter of our own laws (not making a joke here) they do not belong. I will soft delete them until others comment.

Well Rob beat me to it.

Last edited:

Glennbear

Glenn
If nothing else the reference to "getting laid" violates our policy of being family friendly. I think if nothing else, I am sure the NCWW Inc. President would appreciate moderation since he is in the legal profession. :wink_smil

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I think there is unfair biased being shown over this joke just because of Robinson.

Actually, I don't care. I just hope I get a rise out of Doug....:wink_smil

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I did not find anything wrong with them (although Glenn makes a good point re the "getting laid" comment). Keep in mind that they were not "jokes", they were actual excerpts from trial transcripts.

Also keep in mind that their original source was most likely one of the various State Bar Journals (I used to read the Texas Bar Journal and the most favorite column was one written by a state Judge with bloopers from actual trial transcripts). If the lawyers deign to include them in their own monthly magazine, I would not think it inappropriate for them to be repeated here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS