Kauri Slab

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That is one big slab - from my calculations and I am no math wiz - I came up with 26,880 pens - seems like it should be more :icon_scra

cptully

New User
Chris
Well, assuming 40 long (stated), 6 feet wide(based on person for scale) and 6 inches thick (guesstimate): (40 x 12) x (6 x 12) x 6 = 207,360 cu in

one pen blank = 1 x 1 x 5 = 5 cu in

207,360 / 5 = 41,472

Glennbear

Glenn
At a surprisingly low price of $100,000 I considered looking into purchase of this slab but reality set in and I realized that it was a full 16 feet longer than my shop. :rotflm:However, their pen blank sets seem to be a good deal at $55.00 for ten complete with authenticity certificates. :wsmile:

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Thanks Pete-I can't believe you bought me that for X-mas. When do you think the 18 wheeler's gonna show up with the delivery-gotta get the shop ready:gar-Bi

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
That is a very large piece of wood. I had never heard of that species before. I was reading up on the story, and it's very interesting how they harvest the logs. Wish I had some extra $$ so I could order some.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Isn't that the company that got started by raising waterlogged timber from the lake floor that had sunk 100+ years ago? The timber was supposedly preserved by the cold water with some beautiful texture and patterns in it.

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
ALMOST exactly what I was looking for!!! Unfortunately, it's only 40 feet long. I need 40'-6" for a table for my kitchen nook. And I only have $90,000 to spend. More hunting around to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS