Kapex on Chicago CL $800.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Trav...you did just lighten up the load in your shop a little didn't you? ;-)

nicemac

New User
Kevin
I called the guy - he says he has SIX people wanting to "look" at it. I told him I would PayPal money immediately and get my sister (she lives in Chicago) to pick it up. He says a guy is coming at 10:30 CST to look at it and is already on the way, so he has first dibbs, but if he doesn't take it, it's mine.

***Crossing fingers***

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I called the guy - he says he has SIX people wanting to "look" at it. I told him I would PayPal money immediately and get my sister (she lives in Chicago) to pick it up. He says a guy is coming at 10:30 CST to look at it and is already on the way, so he has first dibbs, but if he doesn't take it, it's mine.

***Crossing fingers***

Good Luck!!

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Folks, I don't see the point in posting "pickup only" items from 3 states away on this board.

We could just batch-post nationwide Google alerts to North Carolina Woodworker for the same effect. For example, there's a nice 12" jointer for sale somewhere (Red Bluff) in CA right now...

-Mark

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Generally I agree. However, items like this are rare and our members have far reaching connections. My old employer had offices in Chicago, Boston, DC and Portland Oregon. I could have asked a co-worker in one of those cities to pick something up for me. I also know of a few NCWW members that travel extensively. They might be willing to extend our PE distances if asked nicely and the logisitics work out. As it looks, Kevin has a real chance here of getting a Kapex at about $500 off! Thats seems to be worth it.

JMTCW

nicemac

New User
Kevin
People post things on Craigslist that they don't necessarily stick to.

Yesterday a guy here in town had some lumber posted for $4 a board ft. Said - IN HIS AD - that he would not take less and that he would let it rot before he sold it for less: Took it off his hands for $2 a bd ft.

The guy in Chicago just called back. He IS willing to ship to me if I send him a label. DONE - my saw!

Thanks for posting this ad. It was a real deal!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Happy to enable you Kevin! :icon_thum:icon_cheers

Take a picture when it comes in. I own one and trust me you will love it.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
If I ever meet her I will disavow all knowledge of the mission. This thread will self-destruct in 10 seconds...10...9....8...

nicemac

New User
Kevin
The guy is now saying his dad (the actual owner of the saw) promised to hold it for someone else to look at tomorrow before the son told me it was mine. Dad says if the "other guy" doesn't show up by 5PM tomorrow, it's mine.

*bummed*

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
People post things on Craigslist that they don't necessarily stick to.

Yesterday a guy here in town had some lumber posted for $4 a board ft. Said - IN HIS AD - that he would not take less and that he would let it rot before he sold it for less: Took it off his hands for $2 a bd ft.

The guy in Chicago just called back. He IS willing to ship to me if I send him a label. DONE - my saw!

Thanks for posting this ad. It was a real deal!

Whoa, nice score!

nicemac

New User
Kevin
After his Dad put me off, he sold it out from under me today.

Easy come, easy go...

If anybody sees another one, I am in the market!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS