Just down the road a piece....

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipwill

New User
Skip
Hello all.

Just down the road in Columbia, SC. I joined back when the NC Woodworker started, but never posted(three weddings in 2.5 years (all my daughters), retirement, grandkids, etc) and got removed:-( for inactivity.

I'm back and hope to be more involved if i can ever get this house remodel finished...currently in the process of laying 900 sq' of hardwood flooring, and man am I sore.

Thanks for a great site!

Skip

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Skip, I am glad you could join us ...again. I am glad that you mentioned that all those weddings were your daughters or we have to think that you were some sort of floozy :lol: :lol:
You can start off by giving more details on the hardwood flooring your installing. There have been many threads on that subject and first hand advice from someone who is doing it is the best of all. What species, prefinished or not, wide or narrow...give us the details.
I look forward to your input in the forums, now that you have a little more time, and hope to see some pics of your work.
Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
three weddings???? I can understand the distraction. Welcome back! Of course, there begs the question, after paying for three weddings, and retirement, what are you going to buy wood with???

skipwill

New User
Skip
Thanks for all of the welcomes!!

Yep, 3 weddings just about did me in<g>, but glad they happened. Got some good son-in-laws.

You asked about the hardwood flooring i am installing....its 3/4" x 2 1/4" strip prefinished Bruce Marsh from HD. They were having a sale and we needed a new floor in the kitchen. Linoleiummemum [is that spelled right?] cost almost a doller more per sq foot, plus installation. I agreed to give the hw install a try and loml suggested that i 'practice' on the bedroom first, since it is square (and the kitchen isnt...a bunch of angles). Like a fool, I agreed...but it is going well..almost finished the bedroom...but, man am I sore. If y'all have any questions about the hw install, give me a holler..i am not an expert by any means, but i can tell you the things I did wrong<g>.

Skip

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Skip -- I used to frequent that fine city -- lived in Irmo nearly 40 years ago for 4 years while doing my graduate studies at USC -- we still have a son and his wife there today. Glad you could join us and we'll look forward to seeing pics of your HW floor skills and more...

Since you live in that part of Columbia west of the river, have you ever visited JDS Tools (www.jdstools.com) in Lexington? I've heard rumors that they sometimes sell demo models for less -- wouldn't mind finding one of those fancy Multi-Routers or a 3 HP cyclone at half price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS