Job searching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Hey all,
I've not been on much lately and I really miss it. Work has been crazy. As many of you know I took a new position in January and it has not been what I was told. :eusa_naug I am in the process of updating my resume and I'm actively looking to make a change as soon as I can. One of the main reasons is the travel. I've spent a good bit of time traveling in both South and North Carolina. I would like find a position with minimal travel.

I'm looking for a position in IT and I've got management experience as well. If anyone know of any position in the Charlotte area please PM me.

Thanks,
Mike

charlie s

New User
Charles
Mike:

I'm sorry to hear things aren't working out like you'd hoped they would. I will relay your situation onto Jeff tomorrow to see if anything is available in our office or if he has any knowledge of positions elsewhere.

Charles

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Mike
Check out this link
http://careers.lowes.com/job_search_results.aspx

Lowe's has 15 IT jobs listed. Do not let the location scare you the North Wilkesboro jobs will be relocating to Mooresville the end of this year. Send me a PM if you see some thing you like I will give you my info as recommending you. I manage the data centers facilities operations.
Good luck

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike:

I'm sorry to hear things aren't working out like you'd hoped they would. I will relay your situation onto Jeff tomorrow to see if anything is available in our office or if he has any knowledge of positions elsewhere.

Charles

Thanks Charles! Let me know if you find out anything. I've got my resume out to a couple people for review. I hope get some feedback on it soon and can forward it if needed.

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike
Check out this link
http://careers.lowes.com/job_search_results.aspx

Lowe's has 15 IT jobs listed. Do not let the location scare you the North Wilkesboro jobs will be relocating to Mooresville the end of this year. Send me a PM if you see some thing you like I will give you my info as recommending you. I manage the data centers facilities operations.
Good luck

Nick I just realized I didn't respond to your post. I will take a look at the jobs posted on the site. If I did get a job with the current location being North Wilkesboro would I need to be up there or is there a posibility of working remotely?

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Best Wishes to you Mike.

I'm out here looking for a EE position myself. But apparently you can't swing a cat without hitting an EE here around RTP.

But thanks for the Lowe's link....that was a quick 30 minutes work. May as well look for something onthe side, earn some of my money back from them :rolf:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
. If I did get a job with the current location being North Wilkesboro would I need to be up there or is there a posibility of working remotely?

They are letting some of the new people work in the Mooresville facility now. I think it would just depend on the job you get. They have bus service to and from the Mooresville facility to Wilkesboro for employees to save on gas and the bus is equipped with WIFI. Mike if you see something let me know I can speak with the IT recruiter and let her know your info is on the way. :icon_thum

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
bump.....I'm still searching and although work has gotten a little better the past week I had a really bad month before that. If anyone knows of people needing work done on their computers in the Charlotte area please let me know. I need any extra work I can get.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Look at a company called Strategic Staffing Solutions (3S). My wife is a computer geek and they really did right by her. They found her a position making about $20/hr more than she was making. It was contract for a year and then she was hired on full time.

Also, if you could give a little more info on what you are looking for, project manager, project analyst, programmer, hardware.......???

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Look at a company called Strategic Staffing Solutions (3S). My wife is a computer geek and they really did right by her. They found her a position making about $20/hr more than she was making. It was contract for a year and then she was hired on full time.

Also, if you could give a little more info on what you are looking for, project manager, project analyst, programmer, hardware.......???

My strengths are in Windows 2000/2003/2008 system administration. I've been a consultant with a company since Jan and we do a lot of work with Citrix and VMware. I've got almost 10 years in IT with a B.Sci. in Computer Information Systems. My degree is in programming, but I found out long ago that I am not a programmer. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Mike,

I'm on the job hunt as well. I'm sure with your qualifications and experience you won't have a hard time finding something. Best of luck!

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS