Japanese Hand Planing contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
The Piedmont Japanese Carpentry Club will be hosting a planing contest for users of Japanese planes. The contest is Saturday December 12th in Greensboro at J Speetjens shop. Email me for more information. www.gsodogu.com is the website, gsodogu@gmail.com is the email address.

Phil Fuentes

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Hi Phillip!

After three years no hello?

Good to see you and glad to have to back with us!

What have you been doing?

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
Hi Mike. Sorry for the quick post-n-run. I was between coats of lacquer. I've been working at a millwork shop. I'm shop supervisor now, which only means that when something goes wrong its my fault. Really though, its a good job, I'm learning a lot. There are a few people here in Greensboro getting into the Japanese tools, so I started a club to push it. Hopefully we'll get a few people out for the contest and start building some momentum. Did you come out to the woodturning symposium? I was there setting up for Woodcraft but I spent the weekend teaching at the store and in my shop.

How are you doing?

AmishWarlord, please tell Tony! Who's Tony? We'd be excited to have more contestants. Thanks for looking guys.

Phil

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That's great!

My daughter is in Japan for a year and I have been trying to get her to go looking for tools for me. No luck yet.

I'll try to come watch the competition if you send me the info.

Don't really have time to start something new but I do try to incorporate the best of all types of techniques into anything I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS