It's getting BIGGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
A wip on what I am doing now, going kinda slow.

Open segments ready to be sanded flat, marked so I will know when there all flat.

wip_hybrid0006.JPG

Sanded flat ready for the next solid ring.

wip_hybrid0008.JPG

The rings are getting right large.

wip_hybrid0009.JPG

Cleaning it up and smoothing it, this could be done on a longworth chuck, but i like the octopus.

wip_hybrid0010.JPG

Now it's ready to be glued on the open segments.

wip_hybrid0012.JPG

The easy way to glue it on.

wip_hybrid0013.JPG

Parting it so I get 2 out of 1.

wip_hybrid0014.JPG

And it's still growing :gar-La;

wip_hybrid0017.JPG

wip_hybrid0019.JPG

T

toolferone

Looking very cool! I would be so scared to turn it after so much work getting to that poit. I can't wait to see it done. It will be anothr great piece of your's.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
A few more rings and you're going to need a building permit :gar-Bi

Seriously, I can't wait for the next installment. I used to pooh-pooh turning as serious woodworking until Charlie showed me what goes into segmented turning!

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
That is absolutely amazing. I can't imagine the amount of patience required to do that. Can't wait to see the end result.

:eusa_clap

Tom

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Well I could continue the story about a mysterious, invisible force, the shop of Darth Earl and how it changed the universe, but I won't.

jhreed

New User
james
Glad to see this post. Thought you had moved back to the left Coast. I bet when you spin that thing, it sounds like an air raid siren. You are going to need a roof raising if your projects keep getting bigger.
James

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Glad to see this post. Thought you had moved back to the left Coast. I bet when you spin that thing, it sounds like an air raid siren. You are going to need a roof raising if your projects keep getting bigger.
James

I just have been busy, took Michiko on vacation, and been doing things around the house that needed to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS