Is this another food fightin the making?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I for one am really tired of all the food discussion threads, and the other cutesee completely unrelated threads. I realize that we want folks to be able to be friendly and have an off topic forum, but it seems like its all overtaking wwing. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Cathy,

I share your sentiments. This is a woodworking forum... not the food channel. There's enough to chat about with wood, woodworking, projects, DIY, turning, scrolling, finishing, and all the regular get togethers, like shop crawls.

Did I say share your sentiments... maybe I'm sharing your rant.

Ray

cskipper

Cathy
Thanks Ray, guess we are the only ones who feel this way (except, and just guessing, a former member). Admins - feel free to edit as necessary.

Last edited:

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Hey guys, I'm not a moderator, but for what its worth, I think if you have a category like "other" then you have to deal with topics that may not interest you or may even rub you the wrong way. The only way to stop it is to 1) Get rid of the other category. or 2) Make a rule about inflamitory remarks or anything that could be construed as NC bashing (which I don't think was most people's intent) and then heavily moderate it. I look at those type of remarks like where is the best place to buy XYZ tool or wood. Lots of people may have varying opinions, but that doesn't mean any of them are wrong.

just my opinion,
Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS