Invest in Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwat

New User
Bill
Good advice just received in a Highland Woodworking ad!:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

The Fine Art of Investing in Dad

Father's Day provides a great opportunity for us to "invest" a little in good old Dad. And it's an investment that can pay dividends in lots of ways!
First, helping Dad equip his dream workshop with the tools he wants (and maybe even needs) is one of the best ways of conveying to Dad how much you really love him. (Sure beats giving him another new necktie.)
Second, Dad will feel so honored and appreciated when he receives his new woodworking tool that he'll instantly appear happier, livelier — possibly even more loving and understanding!
Third, inspired by the new woodworking tool now in his possession, Dad will enthusiastically embark on some new project that when finished, will lead to his feeling even GREATER satisfaction.
Fourth, if you drop the right hints (don't be too subtle here; your father may need to hear it spoken quite plainly or else he might not "get it"), you may soon receive from him that hand-built piece of furniture, cabinet, or wooden art piece of YOUR dreams, a personal gift that will become a family heirloom that may be passed down to future generations (or else sold at a garage sale just before you move to your next new home).
Don't just indulge Dad this Father's Day. This time INVEST IN DAD!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
At the risk of appearing to have a possibly biased opinion, I'd have to agree with a power tool investment in dad... I'll have to forward this post to my kids... :gar-Bi

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Hmmm.....What tools do I want......It has been a while since I have gotten a new tool.....

Maybe a new jig saw, or another router. I would like to have a Festool router, but kind of scared to ask for anything Festool as the wife would realize how much that stuff costs then and that would not be good.:slap:

What else...... Hmmmm.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS