Inserts

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul_cade

New User
Kenny
Hello, I saw a post in this forum the other day about making either staffs or canes, and someone gave a link to some nice inserts for the pool cue type connection. Does anyone know what the link was to that item? I've been using the gold inserts you find at woodcraft and would like to give these silver inserts a try. Thanks

-Kenny

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Kenny,

Are you sure it was here? I know you frequent WCI also and I think I saw a post in the stick forum there the other day:
http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.com/forum/f69/
About the sort of thing you are talking about. A Brit had posted about ferrules on canes and there were a few links posted in replies. I remember it and the fact that he is British because "ferrule" meant something different than just "tool handle ferrule" to him.

soul_cade

New User
Kenny
Thanks a lot guys! I'm trying to find the best way to attach a dowel shaft to a trident fork. Its from the little mermaid as you may remember, but can't make it in one piece because it would probably break in shipping. I hadn't seen the brass fittings so will certainly order them. Thanks again

-Kenny

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Kenny,

If it is only for shipping, I would just cut it at 45 degrees, slip a copper sleeve around it ($0.37 @ Lowes) and instruct them to put a drop of Elmers in before sliding in the handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS