I Need One Of These Vents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
This one is part of a router table bucket. Any idea who may sell charcoal grill parts, I've found grates and stuff but not these lil fellers. Rockler doesn't sell it without the attached $80 bucket.
Thanks

32321-03-500.jpg

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Seems like it would be a pretty easy item to fabricate from some sheet metal or hardboard, but you could find a grill model with that style vent and look up the manual. Or try Sears parts center.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
If you don't need to regulate the air, wouldn't a soffit vent work? :icon_scra I've seen round ones that pop in I think. :eusa_thin

Stick&String

New User
Scott
Jig saw, a bolt, a screw, and small piece of ply wood and you can just make one for a router table. Why does it need to be metal if there is no heat? Just air right?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
This one is part of a router table bucket. Any idea who may sell charcoal grill parts, I've found grates and stuff but not these lil fellers. Rockler doesn't sell it without the attached $80 bucket.
Thanks

32321-03-500.jpg
Ken, google, "air shutter.' You didn't say what you were using it for. That might help come up with different ideas. Old tin heaters used have one of these on the front to regulate the air.

decibel

New User
Patrick
Thanks

32321-03-500.jpg

You could probably use these that are on my grill

DamperCircle.jpg

you can pickup 2 of them at their prices aren't outrageous. I'm ordering some replacement grates soon not sure if I could save you on any shipping but you can find them here

http://www.chargriller.com/store/pr...id=66&osCsid=86f18149612c8284b337a7847182b414

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I had my brain stuck on the adjustable damper. I need it for a router table, I'm going to try a 2" blast gate (thanks Glenn), if that doesn't do what I want, I'll get the damper that Patrick found.
Thanks again.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Ken, even cheaper (yeah I know I'm known for that), get a 4" round electrical box cover. One side has a slot for the screw, while other screw fits into a hole. Take the side that has the slot, and clamp one corner in a vise. Bend cover to 90 degrees to create a "finger tab." Mount using a screw, or small bolt through the hole, with a wing nut and spring to keep tension on, while allowing for adjustment. When I built "Bee Vacs" this is what we did to capture bees in the box after removing vac hose. Bruce

Sully

New User
jay
What I have done in the past for this kind of situation is just cut a hole with a 2-3" hole saw in the cabinet. Then cut a blank circle out of BB or hardboard about 1" larger. Center the blank over the hole and put one screw through the edge of the blank into the cabinet. It serves as a pivot point for adjusting the air flow and chip ejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS