Hurricane Helene: News screen shot, email, and fingers crossed

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Hello NCWW friends,

It has been a very long time since I have posted here, during my time in the military I was stationed multiple times at Fort Bragg (now Fort Liberty) and thoroughly enjoyed the comradery and friendship from this woodworking group.

I was watching the news this morning and realized that in the devastation of the Hurricane Helene one picture caught my attention of a Woodmaster drum sander among rubble. I look a screen shot, and hatched up a crazy idea to reach out to the president of Woodmaster.

I sent Woodmaster the following email to see if they would like to be part of the relief effort, let me know if anyone in the NCWW community would like to be part of it as well. If or when I get a response from Woodmaster I will update here as well.

If anyone has experience setting up a donation or funding effort like this I would gladly accept your mentorship, as I have no experience and want to keep everything above board.

Cheers,
Mike Garner

______________________________EMAIL SENT TO WOODMASTER__________________________

Dear Woodmaster Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to propose an initiative that I believe aligns with Woodmaster's commitment to quality craftsmanship and community. As we all have witnessed the devastation caused by Hurricane Helen, many woodworkers who rely on their tools to sustain their livelihoods have been left without their vital equipment.

As a proud supporter of American-made tools, I believe we have a unique opportunity to stand together as a community and help those craftsmen and craftswomen rebuild. My proposal is to launch a crowd-funded initiative specifically aimed at replacing Woodmaster tools that were lost during the hurricane. Woodmaster could verify prior purchases or ownership of these tools, ensuring that the individuals receiving support are truly those impacted by the disaster.

Additionally, while home insurance often covers essentials like housing, it rarely compensates for the total cost of tools, which are critical for many woodworkers' quality of life and profession. Relief efforts, understandably, focus on basic needs, but as woodworkers, we can take this a step further by helping our fellow craftsmen rebuild their woodshops with at least one of the key tools they’ve lost.

To make this initiative even more impactful, I suggest the possibility of creating a special edition of Woodmaster tools for this effort, perhaps with a unique badge or color scheme, to honor those who have faced and overcome such adversity.

I’ve attached a cropped image of one of your tools featured in a news segment from the aftermath of the hurricane as a small reminder of the importance of tools in rebuilding lives. I believe that with Woodmaster’s support, we can rally the woodworking community around this cause and provide hope to those who need it most.

Of note, I am currently finalizing the financing to purchase one of your high-quality drum sanders. However, if this initiative is something your company would like to support and champion, I would be more than willing to delay my purchase of a 3875 model and instead contribute my down payment as a donation towards this grassroots effort to help take care of our fellow woodworkers in need.

Thank you for considering this proposal. I look forward to your thoughts on how we can make this idea a reality.

v/r

Michael Garner

Attachments

• Woodmaster Disaster.jpg
    Woodmaster Disaster.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 11

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS