How to match a Graco crib?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey there folks,

I need Help... :help: :help: :help: I have a graco crib that we bought at Target for a great price and my wife loves the color and wants me to match it on her old little dressers.

Well here is the picture of the crib
516K3PBbVWL._AA400_.jpg

It's an espresso color, but in this pic it looks more dark walnut with a little reddish brown in it.
51dU88sGD3L._AA400_.jpg
And
And
410FbShY43L._AA400_.jpg

51oCw6FWGrL._AA400_.jpg

Here are a few just to help get a better picture of what color it really is. Anyway here is the little dresser my wife wants me to match to the crib.

Thanks for your help,:help: :notworthy: :eusa_pray :notworthy: :eusa_pray :notworthy: :help:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Looks like the typical colored lacquer used by furniture companies to get the finish done in the shortest possible time.

Your stripped furniture will not take stain the same as raw wood. I refinished many, many old pieces of furniture. No matter how hard you try there will be chemicals left in the wood that will affect the stain.

A spray dye/lacquer like the furniture factories use will cover most of the grain and color in the wood making an even, consistent, but to me very ugly finish. However, it is your best bet to match the new piece.

You can keep over spraying different transparent hues till you get the color right.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Thanks Dave,

I am going to try it out. Will purchase from Rockler unless you know a cheaper place. Or if you have a Rockler discount/free shipping that would help.

Well thanks again. I am sure it will look great, will post when finished.

Sincerely,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS