[How Do I-Gallery] Large volume of photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I took a lot of pics at Klingspor's today . What is the best way/place to post them for all to see ?
( after I go through them of course )

cskipper

Cathy
At one point in time - these were the directions:
Request Services -> Request Gallery Bulk Upload.

Not sure if that's still correct - but sounds like a reasonable approach to me. Can't wait to see the pictures - is your winning portrait in there?

Last edited:

SteveColes

New User
Steve
I took a lot of pics at Klingspor's today . What is the best way/place to post them for all to see ?
( after I go through them of course )
Zip your files into one. Then upload the zip.

At one point in time - these were the directions:
Request Services -> Request Gallery Bulk Upload.

Not sure if that's still correct - but sounds like a reasonable approach to me. Can't wait to see the pictures - is your winning portrait in there?
Cathy, where is that? That should be long gone?

Vestus

New User
Kerry
Under the green 'Upload photos' link,
"Select the photos you wish to upload from your computer:

You can upload more than one image at a time, however you must upload ZIP files and VIDEOS one at a time."

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Actually, at one time we did support bulk uploads, that was what cathy was referring to. If you look at the bottom of theupload screen, you will see something that says skip the upload and process the pictutes in your upload directory.

The trick is to use FTP to upload your pictures into that directory. But that meant the staff had to assign a FTP user id and password to each person who wanted to do that. and that was adifferent id password than the rest of the site. Then the person would have to set up a ftp client and that would need significant support from the staff and many of the staff have np idea how to do that. either. So I stopped making that a generally available option.

I suppose if a person already new how to run a FTP client,etc, I would probably set it up for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS