Home Improvement - DIY Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
I have just created the requested DIY - Home improvement forum.

There was a lot of controversy about this request, There was a general fear that such a forum would attract new members that were primarily DIY/HI oriented and that the nature of the whole forum would change.

On the other hand many of our members were not concerned about this and wanted to have place where these questions could be answered. So we have a sort of compromise.

The forum has been created and open for business. But, only fully qualified members will even be able to see the forum. In addition, the various search engines will NOT be able to see the forum either.

The idea is that the forum is available for out members who joined primarily for WW related interests. But there will be nothing publicly visible that might attract new member's whose primary interest is DIY/HI.

OK so now this is an experiment and the staff reserves the right to change some of this, in order to meet our overall objectives.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Way to go Steve, as usual smart thinking on your part as well as the staff.

Thanks,
Dan C.

bitbight

New User
Ray
Thanks Steve,

Good thinking to make the forum for members only viewing. It covers many of the concerns over to many individuals with DIY/HI questions only, yet allows members to still get answers/opinions to those niggling problems that always arise during a home project.

Ray

M

McRabbet

I'll echo the comments of others -- and I'll even invoke an old Insomniac trick to amplify your idea to make it INVISIBLE! Good on you!

mturi

New User
Mark
Steve,

It doesn't look like you need any more confirmation but I'll add my two cents and agree with everyone else. It should be a great forum for members and it was a great idea to keep this restricted from search engines!

alleng

New User
allen
wow steve,youdo a great job,as well as all the staff here at ncww.i dont know how yall keep up with all this stuff. this is truly a wonderfull site. keep on keeping on guys:notworthy:

Steve W

New User
Steve
Another bit of proof as to how well-run this forum is. Great compromise that doesn't even feel like it even IS a compromise!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Steve

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
I like the idea. Personally, home improvement and woodworking are tied very closely for me. It was buying my house and attempting to fix it up that led me to discover my interest in woodworking. I treat them very differently, but without one I likely would never have had the other. And I would have more money in my pocket :lol:

-Marco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS