Hello from Tarheel exile in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimReed2160

New User
jim
I miss the rolling piedmont hills of my youth. That tar sticks to your heels longer than Gorilla Glue.

Although currently exiled to the swampy land of Florida, I am a tar heel at heart and hope I am not kicked off the board because of my current zip code. I do as much woodworking as I can after I finish with the annoying day job. I also spend quite a bit of time rehabilitating old Stanley planes. My blademaking products have been shipped all over the world. Looks like the Handtools forum will be my place.

gator

George
Corporate Member
If they are willing to keep a 'Gator' in NC then I guess they will be willing to let in a Tarheel in FL.

What part of FL are you lining in? Most of my old stomping grounds are around north FL, Gainesville, Jax, Ocala, Ceder Key, Daytona, McClenney, Starke, etc.

George

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jim,
Everybody's welcome, especially an old time Tarheel. Enjoy the posts, and please post or join in on other posts, we welcome opinions.

Jimmy:)

ps. they couldn't kick out someone with such a cool:cool: first name.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Jim. We'd like to hear more about your hand tool loves and if you can, start a photo gallery to share some pictures of your tools and projects with us (around here, "no pics, it didn't happen"!). I'd also suggest you browse our Link and Download Libraries and pull down some of the entries in the second line of the menu bar to explore things like the "NC WW Lexicon" to understand some of our favorite acronyms! We're happy to see you here and look forward to seeing more of your posts.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Jim!
Apparently your exile has been very productive (11 grandchildren) :mrgreen:
And it's great to beef up our handtool forum. Please post some pixs and send some of that Florida sunshine this way.

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Jim, I look forward to your expertise in the Handtool Forum and elsewhere on the site.
Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Jim,

Thanks for joining us here at Saw-Dust-Central. Tell us a bit more about the projects you get to work on... and do you have any photos for us? We do love photos.

Ray

JimReed2160

New User
jim
Thanks for the welcome. Photos? Did you say photos? Look down in the handtools section. I like handplanes and make parts for them. Today I made a few of these fences for Stanley #66 hand beaders.
IMAG0430.jpg

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Welcome Jim. Why the exile? My wife and I just got back from a trip to Tampa:jimlad:..nice place to visit, but I like NC.

Will

JimReed2160

New User
jim
I am an IT manager and am in exile due to employment. Good news is that I am in a 4-5 year countdown to becoming a full time wood shop rat.

:jiggy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS