Harbor Freight parking lot sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Yea I was over there Sunday. The Indepence store will be closing.Due to wallyworld buying the building.The girl that worked there said she though they were giong up off Eastway.:dontknow:Not exactly sure when though.Should be a good sale when they do.:eusa_clap

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I may head up to the North Raleigh store this morning. I keep looking at this (I don't have an air compressor):

http://parkinglot.harborfreightusa.com/ecom/product/Product.do?itemNumber=90168

The 20% coupon (yes, they are good on sale prices; just not with other coupons) would bring that under $50 and they have the little air gun attachment on sale for $2 (the compressor comes with a 25' hose and tire inflator only).

They say there will be unadvertised specials also.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I am going to Winston this morning - going to Sam's to stock up on some food and things - I will most likley stop by the one up there - got to watch my cash flow - might get something most likely not :nah:

CarvedTones

Andy
The last one of those compressors in stock at the Raleigh store is in my car. the coupon brought it down to about $48, but I paid the $10 extra to get the full replacement warranty extended to 27 months instead of 90 days. If I use it regularly, by then I can be pretty sure I have a decent one (or I will be on my Nth new one). The only accessory I got is the little triggered blower for $2. So tonight I will be running my air cleaner, wearing a mask and cleaning places that haven't been cleaned in a long time (in my garage :) ). Assuming it is working well, I will probably start asking a bunch of questions about what I can and can't do with it given its PSI, CFM and tank size. They say:
1/4 horsepower, 120 volt, 4.5 amp, 0.9 CFM at 40 PSI, 0.7 CFM at 90 PSI. 3 gallon tank for brad nailing, stapling, inflating or airbrushing.

I saw Matt (Splint Eastwood) at the store and chatted a bit as well...

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Rode by the one on Winston - It looked more like a sidewalk sale instead of a parking lot sale - Didn't even get out of the van:nah: Andy hope your compressor works out for ya

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Rode by the one on Winston - It looked more like a sidewalk sale instead of a parking lot sale - Didn't even get out of the van:nah: Andy hope your compressor works out for ya

they prolly allready sold the parkin lot. the sidewald sale is next week. need one?:rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
they prolly allready sold the parkin lot. the sidewald sale is next week. need one?:rotflm:
I do! I just went to two yard sales. Gotta connect those extra yards to my house ya know.
:gar-La;

CarvedTones

Andy
It was a sidewalk sale in Raleigh also. It does seem a little cheesy that I got the last of one of the advertised sale items less than 2 hours into a 3 day sale. They will do rain checks though and some stuff they seemed to have more stock of.

CarvedTones

Andy
Andy hope your compressor works out for ya

So far, so good. I did realize I needed another set of fittings to quick connect/disconnect the tire inflator and triggered blower. I needed to stop by Lowes for some plumbing parts (started the weekend by silencing a lot toilet; that oughta buy me a little shop time, right? :) ) so I picked that up there; Kobalt brand. The inflator sealed fine just screwing in to male adapter, but the $2 HF air gun needed the threads on the mail adapter taped or it leaked so fast it was almost unusable. But once taped, it holds pressure quite well. Doing a large area dusting (the garage and all tools, cabinets, worktops, shelves, etc, etc all needed shots of air) I got ahead of it and had to wait a couple of minutes for it to build pressure back up a couple of times. It is louder than I hoped. The noise is compressor noise, not motor noise. But it bothers no one indoors, so it is okay.

algustaf

New User
Al
I won't spend money on their stuff anymore. I haven't bought much from HF, but I did buy a 5" or 6" vise from there one time. I swear it broke the 3rd time I used it. I am not a huge strong guy (about 160lbs) and the darn thing cracked the casting in half on the upper jaw by me hand tightening some metal in the jaws. I didn't even bother taking it back to get another.
On the flip side, I hope your $50 compressor holds up for you.

CarvedTones

Andy
I wonder if a vise counts as a hand tool (lifetime warranty)? They probably would have given you another. Their QA is not always the best; that's whay I went with the extended full replacement warranty.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I can understand your frustration concerning the vise. HF does have some junk. It also has some decent things (sometimes referred to as HF Gems). I have several things from them (34706 lathe, dust collector, drill press, mortiser, 3 air nailers, and have had absolutely no problem with any of them. If I was operating a full-time woodworking business from which I earned my livlihood would I use HF tools? No. But as a hobbyist who doesn't feel he has to have, or need, the Rolls Royce of woodworking tools, yes. I do have some good old made in the USA tools also such as a unisaw, etc.

I would never be presumptous enough to tell someone how and where to spend their money, but I would suggest that there is a place in the shop of a hobbyist for certain HF tools.

QUOTE=algustaf;262760]I won't spend money on their stuff anymore. I haven't bought much from HF, but I did buy a 5" or 6" vise from there one time. I swear it broke the 3rd time I used it. I am not a huge strong guy (about 160lbs) and the darn thing cracked the casting in half on the upper jaw by me hand tightening some metal in the jaws. I didn't even bother taking it back to get another.
On the flip side, I hope your $50 compressor holds up for you.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS