handy magnetic LED flashlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
On the way back to the registers, I found these hung on an endcap in my local Home Depot. They are 2 for $5 (including batteries!). They have a pair of magnets on them, which makes them pretty handy around the shop. Here are pictures of them in-use on my bandsaw and drill press (the latter required an extra magnet to get the beam angled to the right place.

MagFlash-bandsaw.jpg

MagFlash-drillPress.jpg

ehpoole

Ethan
Corporate Member
For my 18" Rikon bandsaw, I bolted a DeWalt scroll saw lamp (available from Woodcraft) to the upper housing. It has a 25W lamp (E17 base), a long, stiff, but very flexible, gooseneck that stays put when aimed. A well spent $40 upgrade in my opinion. I looked at some of the battery-powered LED magnetic lamps as well when I was deciding what to do, but most of them were either not bright enough or not positionable enough for me. Thus far I have struck out in my attempts to locate a PAR20 E17 base LED replacement bulb for this gooseneck, so I'm still using the original 25W bulb.

My SC drill press included a gooseneck lamp (though a much looser gooseneck than I prefer). I replaced its original 40W bult with a 3W LED spotlight and that helped alot with regard to the 'droopy' gooseneck (the LED bulb weigh less) -- it also stays much cooler to the touch.

Just thought I'd add my experiences to the thread. I'm glad the magnetic flashlights worked well for your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS