Had to give it a shot ( Pun intended )

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I had to give this a try Ebony and a 308 shell with copper kit. If any one wants to give this a shot I have about 50 never fired 308 shells :icon_thum
DSC00505.JPG

DSC00506.JPG

And one from Jeff's blank pile I think he said it was red oak burl
DSC00507.JPG

DSC00508.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Both look great Nick, I especially like the shell casing pen. Stupid question, isn't it kinda dangerous to drill out a live round :icon_scra Can you just take them apart, and disarm them?

Dave:)

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Dave I have a bag of never loaded brass that I was going to load. So it just the brass casing. :slap:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave I have a bag of never loaded brass that I was going to load. So it just the brass casing. :slap:

I thought that it was a stupid question :5dunce: . But when you said "never fired", I didn't realize that meant "never loaded" :eusa_doh: I don't know a lot about guns, but drilling a live round just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Mike Davis seems to confer :lol: :lol:

There you have it folks, your safety tip of the day :-D :-D

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Yea I should have said never loaded :slap: :eusa_doh: . In the reloading world never fired means new brass once fire is used brass with a spent primer.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nick, keep your head up . . . not down on this one :lol:
Another example of your fine [strike]marksman[/strike] craftmanship :icon_thum

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yea I should have said never loaded :slap: :eusa_doh: . In the reloading world never fired means new brass once fire is used brass with a spent primer.

See, I told you I didn't know squat about guns....I didn't even know there was a "reloading world" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Learn something new everyday :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Could another .308 pen be made on request? My packaging division manager is a former Marine sniper, Vietnam era, and this would be a great gift for him! If so, could you email me the cost and availability?

J

jeff...

That .308 is a cool pen, I've seen a few like that before, but the ebony really sets it off (maybe wrong words?). A pen can be made out of just about anything can't it?

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Nice job!I love the versatilitiy of the "lowly" slimlne.
Fit and finish look good but that is always hard to tell from a picture.
I have a bunch to do for a local jeweler.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks Eagle
I am very happy with the fit and finish on that one it came out better then I expected.

cskipper

Cathy
Nick, that is a really sharp pen. Did you turn a blank down to fit inside the cartridge? We did when we turned one in WG's class (seems like a million years ago).

Dave, that's a rather important question to ask, since many of us are clueless about ammunition.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Cathy
I drilled the back with a 7mm bit so the tube fit tight in the back but had to glue a piece of wood and turn down at the front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS