Good deal at Lowe's Frued router deal...but they still took me for 10 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonc

New User
jak
Does everyone remember this from a few weeks back?
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/...deal-1-day-only-19024/?highlight=freud+router

It's the 2 1/4 HP Freud Router with both bases,one day internet sale for $99.
I seem to buy a new router every year whether or not I need one,and I couldn't pass up this deal.So i got it and used it for the first time last night.

So today I was in the Lowe's by Mebane buying insulation and was browsing the tools.And they have this same router on the shelf for $89. Not even a Sale or Cleareance tag...just marked $89.
Now $99 dollars was a great deal,but $89 is even better.
I'm not really angry for 10 bucks ,but do feel a bit taken.
I guess with Frued being acquired they are looking to unload these fast.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So did you get it????? I am sure that you, like me are a long way from the required 42 routers :gar-La;:gar-La;

Dave:)

gator

George
Corporate Member

I don't think that the Bosch/Freud deal included tools. If I understand the deal correctly, it was only for saw blades, router bits, shaper cutters and similar accessories..

George

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Does everyone remember this from a few weeks back?
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/...deal-1-day-only-19024/?highlight=freud+router

It's the 2 1/4 HP Freud Router with both bases,one day internet sale for $99.
I seem to buy a new router every year whether or not I need one,and I couldn't pass up this deal.So i got it and used it for the first time last night.

So today I was in the Lowe's by Mebane buying insulation and was browsing the tools.And they have this same router on the shelf for $89. Not even a Sale or Cleareance tag...just marked $89.
Now $99 dollars was a great deal,but $89 is even better.
I'm not really angry for 10 bucks ,but do feel a bit taken.
Why do you feel taken? When they offered it for $99, you considered it a good deal. No one (well other than that Woodguy stuff) made you buy it. Just think how long you were gloating about what a good deal you got. What's that worth? Plus you didn't have to come up with $89 today. So spend that $89 on mama for Christmas. Tell her it was from a tool you DIDN'T BUY. Don't worry, she won't believe you. :rotflm:Merry Christmas! Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS