Going Hawaiian

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Thanx to an exceptionally good hook up from our Hawaiian bro Kalai I'm getting to play with some pretty kewl blanks :icon_thum

This one is silk oak

pen_silk_oak.jpg

View image in gallery

If you want some really kewl " different " wood at a more-than-fair price , give him a holler. Takes a little while for the priority rate box to get here but it is worth the wait believe me:eusa_danc
He often rescues wood destined for landfills and burn piles and makes them available . I'm still looking up the names of some of the stuff he sent me :rotflm:

thanx bro :notworthy:

In other news:
Found this in some cedar and thought it a good candidate for some antique brass hardware I just bought

Thanx for lookin :mrgreen:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Bro those are some good looking pens:icon_thum I got some wood from Kalai awhile back and there is some beautiful wood in there

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I'm sorry Duster I just can't picture you in shorts, flip flops and a flower shirt on. Your a real southern southerner there...

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Those are both some Beautiful Pens.

That silk Oak is So Unique and the Cedar is just plain Beautiful.

What did you use to finish them?

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Those look great bro! :icon_thum Skeeter gave me a piece of koa from Kalai and I turned a small bowl out of it. That is some purdy wood! :eek: Nice work dood! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

sawduster

New User
Robert
Sorry, Bubba don't do shorts :tongue2:

The last time I wore shorts someone asked me if I was riding a chicken :rotflm:

I used CA/BLO for the finish. I'm growing rather fond of the technique :icon_thum

skeeter

New User
Charles
Very nice looking pens.

Kalai has some awesome woods and is very good to deal with. I have two Norfolk pine bowl blanks waiting for finish that are really nice (the wood, not my turning).

dozer

Mike
Nice work Robert, I might even start making some more pens myself after seeing that oak one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS