Glad to be here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oderus1671

New User
chris
Hello all, my name is Chris. I currently reside in Manns Harbor, Dare county. I was directed here by D ONBOARD, we work together in the boatshop building interiors. I originally hail from Atlantic City, NJ (just dont tell anyone!) but moved down here about 12 or 13 years ago. My current interests are in the scrollsaw areas, particurlarly Intarsia. Hopefully in about a year or so me and my wife Donna of soon to be 10 years are moving inland to Roper, where I will build a nice workshop. Hope to hear from each of ya'll!

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW Chris! I am sure you'll find what you're looking for here.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Chris (and Donna)!
Definitely looking forward to seeing some of your intarsia projects. :icon_thum
Roper isn't much different from Atlantic City now that the new 264 freeway is nearing completion. :lol:

Roger

J

jeff...

Welcome to the saw dust pile of North Carolina (Dave's shop) :-D

cskipper

Cathy
Glad you joined us! I really want to learn to do intarsia - just can't seem to get the hang of it. Looking forward to seeing your work. What kind of scroll saw do you have and do you like it? What blades do you use?

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome to the site, Chris. Happy to have you join us. Please set up a photo gallery and post some of your work. You'll find a great group of folks here that loves to help and look at pictures. :eusa_danc Enjoy the site :icon_thum

oderus1671

New User
chris
Glad you joined us! I really want to learn to do intarsia - just can't seem to get the hang of it. Looking forward to seeing your work. What kind of scroll saw do you have and do you like it? What blades do you use?
thanks, I am currently using a Dremel 1680, not a bad saw, but then again, its not the best either. It does the trick for intarsia, but its not a good saw for fretwork, as it has some vibration issues that Im trying to iron out. :BangHead:the blades I use are Flying Dutchmans, and the best place to get them is mikesworkshop.com ( i think thats what it is)I'll try and post some pics in a few days, cuz Im leaving town today to go to Greenville,SC for the Henrys show with the misses. will be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS