Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Broke the handle that turns to raise/lower the table right off my Delta 11-990 drill press :BangHead:

The Mrs asked me if I could fix it or find a replacement - I said "Replace the drill press?" :gar-Bi and she emphatically said "NO!" :dontknow:

Can't blame a guy for trying. Now - where to find a handle. Tool Barn has one for $10.68, but after shipping/handling it comes to nearly $25. Still cheaper than a new drill press though.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg, there is a Dewalt/Porter-Cable/ Delta parts and repair place on Capital Blvd Raleigh. Call them to see if they have the part. I have to go up thay way tonight for the TWA meeting and can pick it up for you.

A good substitute for a drill press is a Dremel in a plunge router base. Work great for scrollsaw projects.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Greg, there is a Dewalt/Porter-Cable/ Delta parts and repair place on Capital Blvd Raleigh. Call them to see if they have the part. I have to go up thay way tonight for the TWA meeting and can pick it up for you.

A good substitute for a drill press is a Dremel in a plunge router base. Work great for scrollsaw projects.

You wouldn't happen to know the name of the place? I can actually stop on my way to the church tomorrow night.

gator

George
Corporate Member
You wouldn't happen to know the name of the place? I can actually stop on my way to the church tomorrow night.

They are between Klingspor and the Beltline, on the opposite side of the road. Sorry I don't know the actual number. There is a big DeWalt sign out front.

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Broke the handle that turns to raise/lower the table right off my Delta 11-990 drill press :BangHead:

The Mrs asked me if I could fix it or find a replacement - I said "Replace the drill press?" :gar-Bi and she emphatically said "NO!" :dontknow:

Can't blame a guy for trying. Now - where to find a handle. Tool Barn has one for $10.68, but after shipping/handling it comes to nearly $25. Still cheaper than a new drill press though.

What did you break? The actual arm that connect to the gear, or the hand held part that rotates in your hand while turning the arm? If it's the hand part, a simple bolt that matches the threads in the arm with 2 washers and a section of appropriate sized PVC that will spin on the bolt will fix you right up. If it's the arm, then follow the above advice.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS