Finiky Finials

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Here's a look at some finials I just finished for a commission. The customer wanted to replace a few missing finials for some chair backs. I cut these out of oak to match the original (the darker one in the center). I learned something new as I worked on this project. It is easy to turn something of your own design since you have freedom to make any "design adjustment" you want. It's another thing all together to make seven items look exactly like the original. I made a template that I could match up to each one but, that ain't as easy as it sounds. Anyway, next time... I buy a duplicator for my Jet mini ;-). All in all, it was a satisfying project and the customer was happy with the results.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Bob,

Good looking work. Just remember, you are studying these things individually and you are your worst critique. How often have you known anyone to take the finials off of a piece and lay them side by side, with calipers in hand? The minor differences (if any), you are making way to much of. I don't see any differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS