euro hinges

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Is there a standard size for the " cup hole " when drilling for a new euro hinge ? the set I have says 35MM bit but that don't mean nuttin to me :nah:

TIA :icon_thum

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I have used both a 1 3/8 and a 35mm. The 1 3/8 works and if you only have a few to install and have that size forstner bit, then I would just use it. But if you have a bunch to install or have to buy a bit, I would buy the 35mm. The hinges are really made for a 35mm hole.

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have used both a 1 3/8 and a 35mm. The 1 3/8 works and if you only have a few to install and have that size forstner bit, then I would just use it. But if you have a bunch to install or have to buy a bit, I would buy the 35mm. The hinges are really made for a 35mm hole.

Jim
+1. I got the Freud carbide tipped bit and it makes very clean holes. Assuming you're not building an entire kitchen :gar-Bi, you're more than welcome to borrow it.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Is there a standard size for the " cup hole " when drilling for a new euro hinge ? the set I have says 35MM bit but that don't mean nuttin to me :nah:

TIA :icon_thum

call me in da mornin bro.... I got a gang drill for the drill press. :gar-Bi does all three hole in one shot.:icon_thum

sawduster

New User
Robert
call me in da mornin bro.... I got a gang drill for the drill press. :gar-Bi does all three hole in one shot.:icon_thum

Oh yer da man , man :notworthy: It's only one door and I transferred lines from the old door to find my centers but it was gonna be pretty hairy :wconfused:
BTW , you got a 2-1/2 forstner ? :eusa_pray I've got another project going as well

Thanx everyone for the input .....you ROCK !! :banana:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Oh yer da man , man :notworthy: It's only one door and I transferred lines from the old door to find my centers but it was gonna be pretty hairy :wconfused:
BTW , you got a 2-1/2 forstner ? :eusa_pray I've got another project going as well

Thanx everyone for the input .....you ROCK !! :banana:

ayup..:wink_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS