Entertainment Center (done for now!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

Scroll to bottom of the thread for more pics.

My wife and I bought a nice used TV and of course that means a new place to put it. This is not fine woodworking, but it will be fine when it is done. It will have a back on it. The bottom will have doors on it with speaker grill material on them for the sub woofer (someday). The top section will stay open and will house the stereo components. This will solve 2 issues: first keeping it way from our child's curiosity, and second make it easier to access with out bending down to get to it. This is Lowes oak plywood, not the greatest stuff, but when you are on a budget it will do. I am going to do solid wood edge banding about 1/2" thick. It will probably be finished in a 2 coats of golden oak danish oil and a coat of wax, fast and easy. The dimension are 76T x 45W x 24D.

tv%20stand%201.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Monty

New User
Monty
Re: Entertainment Center (wip pic)

Dang, must be a nice TV! Keep us posted on your progress - I'm sure it will look great!

dozer

Mike

I think my tv would fit in one of the smaller sections of that. Looks like you are off to a good start Tom. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Great start Tom :eusa_clap I built an ET for the same reason...to keep the kid out of it. Funny how inspiration comes to us :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger

:eusa_thin Hmmm, 45" wide. That is a large space for a TV! Can't wait to see pixs of the entertainment center and what it houses :)

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck

I had to do a double take on the dimensions. That things pretty big!

Keep the WIP pics coming, Tom.

Chuck

T

toolferone

Well it is sort of done for the moment. It is in use. Yes the top shelf has a small bow in the middle. It is not from the weight but the middle self cut a little long. The unit has two coats of a wipe on satin poly. Next time I work on it I will make a set of doors for the bottom (to bad DaveO's won't fit). I also want to make 4 shelves, one for each spot. It is s BIG unit 45w x 76t x 24d.

tv%20stand%202.jpg
tv%20stand%203.jpg
tv%20stand%204.jpg

sapwood

New User
Roger
Looking large Tom!
And it's not even Jan 1 and you already have TV, electronics, and EC up and running. Nice!

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Tom, I think it would help your sagging problem if you took that TV off the center shelf and stored it in my living room! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it looks good and is functional. I don't think I would have noticed a sag if you hadn't mentioned it in your post. :icon_thum

Chuck

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Tom,
The entertainment center looks great. Keep the pictures coming once you get the doors in place.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Beautiful job!! Its great to see a plan come together, as is witnessed by it already being a functional addition to the home. As for your hopes "Next time I work on it I will make a set of doors for the bottom (to bad DaveO's won't fit). I also want to make 4 shelves, one for each spot." if your projects are like mine, sometimes the future plans get OBE (overcome by events) and it may be years before I get back to them!

Good luck, but Good Job!!

:eusa_clapGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS