Dragon Has Been Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
After a majority reply of the BOD I have suspended Dragon for a period of two weeks. His suspension will be lifted automatically on April 9 2010 at 10:00 PM. This is a very private issue in which I have taken steps to insure the general membership has no knowledge of. We as the BOD and Staff of NCWW should respect the privacy of Dragon and not discuss this outside of the staff and BOD. Dragon has repeatedly violated site policy by posting taunting threads and posts, mostly political in nature. Be assured that the staff and BOD exercised all other measures prior to this action. Thanks for understanding the necessity of this action. Should Dragon contact any of the staff, please forward to me, for continuity.

Last edited:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
You did what the majority felt was the right thing to do. That's the American way and I have no problem with your action.

TracyP

Tracy
PM to Dragon:

Dragon, I regretfully need to inform you that you have been suspended for a period of at least two weeks. The main reason for the suspension is due to repeatedly posting political threads and posts. Typically, if you need to post a disclaimer to the moderators, then you should not post it. And the statement that a thread or post is not intended to be political just tells the staff to be on the lookout. Your suspension will automatically be lifted on April 9 at 10:00 PM. After it is lifted, you will be subject to permanent banishment should your posts continue to violate site policy. I and the entire staff value you as a member of NCWW and desire a more favorable return to the friendly Wood Working site that makes NCWW what it is.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
While I'm not too crazy about taking actions such as suspending a member, I know that sometimes it is necessary. I agree that this was the correct thing to do in Dragon's case. I applaud the BoD for having the strength to do the work, even when it's difficult to do. Thank you.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
While I'm not too crazy about taking actions such as suspending a member, I know that sometimes it is necessary. I agree that this was the correct thing to do in Dragon's case. I applaud the BoD for having the strength to do the work, even when it's difficult to do. Thank you.
Agreed, it's not fun, but it's not supposed to be. Just necessary. :eusa_clap

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Good, albeit difficult, job.

I appreciate all that everyone has to do in these difficult situations.

Jim

TracyP

Tracy
Just a reminder that Dragon's suspension automagically lifts at 10:00 PM this Friday night. Please watch for any posts that are out of line while being careful not to over moderate. I suspect it will be a peaceful return. Dragon has logged on multiple times during this suspension period and has been surfing general woodworking forum and wood related forums.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks for the reminder. At the risk of jinxing it, but has everyone noticed how QUIET things have been around here? Must be the weather :)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the reminder. At the risk of jinxing it, but has everyone noticed how QUIET things have been around here? Must be the weather :)
Weather's too good to waste my life sittin' in front of a screen all day. Maybe everybody else is doing like Jim & cleaning out their shop for spring - or like me & doing their taxes! :BangHead::BangHead:

As for David, I expect we'll hear from him again. I only hope he got a chance to go to whatever Zen retreat that Jeff Mills seems to have graduated from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS