Dewalt DW735/X

ChemE75

Tom
Senior User
Noticed the dw735 price dropped to $599 at both big box retailers with the 735X bundle at $779. Then I saw Lowe’s dropped the X bundle to $629 which immediately sold out. HD is still at $779 and when Lowe’s replenished stock, it went back to $779. However, I happened to be on Amazon for a cable adapter, so checked the Dewalt planer and it’s at $549, and the X bundle at $619. This is the lowest I’ve seen it other than used. Looks like Dewalt has a bunch of sale prices on Amazon.

Fwiw, I had a gift card at Lowe’s I was itching to use for a planer. So I went on chat and asked if they price match Amazon. They said yes if it’s actually sold by amazon and not a 3rd party. I’m guessing HD has a similar policy. Anyway, I used up my HD gift cards. So I ordered it at Lowe’s. I haven’t had a planer for a very long time so I’m extra excited to get some decent lumber now.

ssmith

Scott
Senior User
Great to hear! We lacked a planer too for ages and finally got a 735. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and what it can do for you. Just be ready for mountains of chips and dust. ;)

ChemE75

Tom
Senior User
Great to hear! We lacked a planer too for ages and finally got a 735. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and what it can do for you. Just be ready for mountains of chips and dust. ;)
Ya, I’m thinking about a catch pot and cyclone separator. I spent some time consulting at a seafood smoking facility in Maine. They used these dewalts to create the wood chips for the smokers - cherry, oak and apple. They cut logs into rough planks then into the planer, day after day for hours. They killed one every 6 mo to maybe 2 yrs. Any lesser brands at the time just wouldn’t hold up long enough and going commercial sized they felt was going to cost more to both purchase and to maintain. The few hundreds of $ for these was a minor expense. I should have grabbed one of the defunct ones to repair but we were planning to relocate, so I had to downsize all my equipment, not add to it. Anyway, very familiar with the piles of wood chips. I recall my old powermatic even with very good dust collection in the shop, it would spit out loads of chips. Will keep some for smoking, although oak is not on my radar, but many others are good for smoking, but for the majority, got lots of area out back we can mulch.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS