CV Poker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Some of you may be aware that member CV Poker runs an online gambling site. Not that there's anything WRONG with that, but it's certainly not woodworking related. When he first joined he tried to promote his web site via a link on this forum and he was prohibited from doing so. I suspect that some of these little "contests" he's been holding have in some way been used to promote his web site, but I have no way to prove that.

If he approaches any of the mods/admins of this site to suggest some sort of contest or game he wants to run... the answer you should give him is: "send your suggestion to Monty or Steve". (I suspect he won't do that ;) )

Steve - I'm interested in your thoughts on this, too...

SteveColes

New User
Steve
He is beginning to make me very nervous.

You think he is trying to promote his site. I think he is actually trying to do something else, but I can't put my finger on it. Even if this is all on the up and up, he is creating a precedent for something that I know I don't want. I wish I just could put into words. But I can't:BangHead:

SteveColes

New User
Steve
BTW, do you happen to still have a link to his site. I'd like to take a look. That might give me a few ideas.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very interesting information Monty. I wasn't aware of his "occupation". His recent router bit give-aways have had my spidey senses tingling, but in appearance seemed perfectly harmless, so I've said nothing.
Thanks for the heads up :icon_thum

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I had been conversing with him via e-mail and a few pm's over the last week. it seems like he just wants to participate.

MikeF

New User
Mike
When I read the post about the free router bit yesterday, I had a slight feeling that something was odd about the whole thing. Nothing that would make me raise the flag, but wierd all the same.

At the time, it made me think of Steve giving the Rigid batteries away and the post that gotojeremy posted about including the drill etc. I never thought anything of that, other than the fact that Steve did not need them and was offering them to NCWWRs if they could use them (no mention of the drill etc. in the original post).

In all honesty, I would do the same if the situation arose where I could do the same. (I really believe in, what goes around comes around.)

But to give away something that you could potentially put to use (New Router Bit) seems a bit strange.

Not sure what the motive is here...

Anyway, just my $0.02

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
paying it forward? perhaps? a response to the good response he got on the octaganol/decagonal (is that a word???) table? Sure, in a few emails, I don't know his heart like MG's, but I don't see insidious intent. I don't think this is the proverbial apple.

Monty

New User
Monty
I don't want to give the impression that I'm unfairly picking on one of the members here. However, given his history of promoting a gambling-related web site here, the giveaways did raise an eyebrow. He recently proposed a new contest idea to one of the mods, where prizes would be given out based on predicting ball game scores.

This all is probably totally innocent - maybe he just has lots of contest ideas and wants to share his ideas and tools with us.... :eusa_thin I have always been a "benefit of the doubt" kind of guy. As far as I can tell his web site does not actually SELL anything, but it's filled with banner ads. I have said nothing about the free router bit giveaways. I know that Nick was one of the first "winners" (the Ted Nugent contest :icon_thum ), so I would be interested to see if his prize comes with anything else...

Again, please don't think I'm picking on anyone. I sincerely hope and assume that he is legitimate. However if he's not, then it's our job to know that and to protect the members here who don't know his history. That's why I'm posting this here.

Mike - I will PM his web site address to you.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
The router bit arrived yesterday and that was it. It was a brand new PC bit odd size though 9/16 and that is why I thought he was getting rid of it . Monty Thanks for letting us know about his other site I will keep an eye on the mail and let you the instance some thing inappropriate arrives from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS