crochet hook and pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Crews

Paul Crews
Corporate Member
Here's my turnings from yesterday and tonight. The first hook is an H, which means the hook part is about 3/16" around and the second is a K, about a 1/4" around. The body is approximately 1/2". I make the hook part 1 3/4", the handle 2", and what I call the fancy part 2 1/4". For the fancy part I shape it however I feel at the moment.

As for the pens I feel like I'm getting better. Now I hit double digits for pen turning. I know, still a cherry. :lol: From top to bottom they are Honduran Rosewood, Purpleheart, Padauk, and Bocote. The Purpleheart is for me and the other 3 are for the boys as they start school tomorrow. I had the boys pick out the wood for their pens and pencils. The Rosewood had beautiful grain in it.

Thanks for looking. I'd appreciate any comments to better my work.

Paul

Attachments

• H Hook.jpg
    H Hook.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 195
  • K HOOK.jpg
    K HOOK.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Pens.jpg
    Pens.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 178

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Paul,

Your pens came out very nice. I'm sure your sons will be proud to have them. You're smarter than I am with the crochet hooks. I turned my sister a set of knitting needles last year, won't try that again. I never thought of crochet hooks for her.

Rick Doby

P Crews

Paul Crews
Corporate Member
Thanks Rick. I bet the knitting needles were a hoot to turn. I don't think I could do long, thin, and straight turning. The hooks are fun.

Paul

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Very nice work on needles and pens! :icon_thum:eusa_clap:icon_thum:eusa_clap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS