Comprehensive Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
As anyone who has done a Google search can attest the web is a huge place to navigate. I am currently having a problem with my well system and in my search for answers I stumbled across this website : http://www.inspectapedia.com/ IMHO what makes it unique is it's thoroughness in covering ALL aspects of our houses and they claim no brand name prejudice. I rather like the idea of one stop DIY knowledge shopping. :gar-La; If nothing else one has a starting point when puzzled with a DIY question. :icon_scra From the website:
Online encyclopedia of building & environmental inspection, testing, diagnosis, repair, & problem prevention advice - illustrated, detailed, in-depth research on finding, diagnosing, testing, correcting, & preventing building defects, energy conservation, & indoor environmental hazards. No Conflicts of Interest: no financial relationship with products or services discussed.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Thanks for sharing, Glenn. I'm always trying to find a way to fix stuff around here!

Let me know if you need any help with the well. I am even a dowser if you need to relocate it!

Good luck

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for sharing, Glenn. I'm always trying to find a way to fix stuff around here!

Let me know if you need any help with the well. I am even a dowser if you need to relocate it!

Good luck

Thanks Randy, I recall your dowsing ability but hopefully will not need it. :no: My pump is "short cycling" rather than having a supply problem. My research today gave me some possible solutions which are fairly simple. (I hope :eusa_pray)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Thanks Randy, I recall your dowsing ability but hopefully will not need it. :no: My pump is "short cycling" rather than having a supply problem. My research today gave me some possible solutions which are fairly simple. (I hope :eusa_pray)
Bladder tank is water logged, crack in the pipe in the well, or check valve has trash under the seat. You can check the bladder tank by just lifting it slightly. A standard bladder tank only holds six gallons of water, so if it's a lot heavier, then that is your problem. You can also tap on the side of the tank. Start at the bottom and work up the side. About 1/3 to 1/2 way up sound should change from dull thud to a crisp tap. 30 plus years of pump installation experience.

Glennbear

Glenn
Bladder tank is water logged, crack in the pipe in the well, or check valve has trash under the seat. You can check the bladder tank by just lifting it slightly. A standard bladder tank only holds six gallons of water, so if it's a lot heavier, then that is your problem. You can also tap on the side of the tank. Start at the bottom and work up the side. About 1/3 to 1/2 way up sound should change from dull thud to a crisp tap. 30 plus years of pump installation experience.

Thanks Bruce, when the weather clears I will start the diagnostics. :wsmile:

welldigger

New User
Scott
The air charge in a bladder tank should be 2 psi less than cut-on pressure. Make sure power is off and system pressure is zero before checking pressure. Open spigot while adding air to purge water out of tank. If air purges after water stops the tank is shot. If short cycling reoccurs in a week or so the bladder has a pin hole in it. (i.e. the tank is shot)

Glennbear

Glenn
The air charge in a bladder tank should be 2 psi less than cut-on pressure. Make sure power is off and system pressure is zero before checking pressure. Open spigot while adding air to purge water out of tank. If air purges after water stops the tank is shot. If short cycling reoccurs in a week or so the bladder has a pin hole in it. (i.e. the tank is shot)

You are the second poster to this thread who has offered unsolicited advice on solving my well problem. To have two individuals who do not know me from a can of spray paint sharing their expert knowledge and experience is a fine example of why NCWW is such a great organization. Thank you very much. :icon_thum:notworthy:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
To have two individuals who do not know me from a can of spray paint sharing their expert knowledge and experience is a fine example of why NCWW is such a great organization. Thank you very much. :icon_thum:notworthy:
You are wearing a hat and the spray paint has a cap! Easy to tell apart. :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS