Clicking on right hand page ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I want to thank SOMEONE for clicking on the Woodcraft ad on our home page to order something.
We get a small commission from the vendor when you arrive at their site through us and subsequently buy something while there.

Thanks again :icon_cheers

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Joe,

Is that true for any other vendors? If so, We could could always use this path to them regularly and make a noticable difference.

bobby g

zapdafish

New User
Steve
Wish Woodcraft had a order online, pickup at store. They are 5 mins from where I work so I tend to drop by during my lunch break to pick up stuff.

Does Klingspor kick some to the site when we go in and order stuff with our DQ status? If so, I am willing to switch to them for bigger ticket items.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I don't know yet. But the advertisers do pay us a monthly ad fee and they count the number of hits started from our page. The trick to extra commission seems to be that an order results from clicking the advertiser's ad from here and going all the way through to confirming the order.

I know that I have clicked on these ads, browsed around, found something I wanted. But later, when I actually made the order, I went to their site directly.
I'll not do that again!

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks for the heads up, Joe. I did not know that. Will link through here if I get the go ahead to shop Lee Valley again!.

Go

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
The only two ads that pay us for clicks resulting in purchases are woodcraft and Rockler. They offer no discounts to members. Therefore they have a static place on the site. The paying advertisers are set in a rotation where they get equal time at the top of the page. And therefore get many more visits.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Keep in mind that many of our paid advertisers also make significant donations to NCWW in the form of gift certificates, merchandise, classes, and other non-cash support.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Keep in mind that many of our paid advertisers also make significant donations to NCWW in the form of gift certificates, merchandise, classes, and other non-cash support.

Absolutely correct!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS