ClearVue Mini cyclone on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Not sure how long it will last, but ClearVue is selling their Mini Cyclone (for shopvacs) for $80 (reg $120) + $15 S&H. I have had a metal or plastic one on my "to build" list for years now, but I can't hardly build one for this price. I pulled the trigger.

Mini%20CV06.jpg

M

McRabbet

I can vouch for the fact that the mini CV06 works like a charm -- I mounted mine on the top of a used drywall compound bucket and it catches most of the output from my mitersaw and everything from my ROS's. I was lucky enough to get one at that same $80 price last fall when we had Ed Morgano and his crew speak at our WNCWA meeting (and deliver two CV 1800's at the same time). I think Ed sold 5-6 mini's that day.

I'm sure the website will be back up soon -- I follow their forum and was on last night.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Dang it - this place is hazardous to my fiscal health! Now that I have ordered it someone please enlighten me on how to hook it up to a 5-gal bucket? I imagine it cannot be all that hard. It looks as if it is sized to fit inside and on top of the lid - is that about right? Maybe some screws with a tad of caulk underneath for a good seal? TIA ... and TTFN

M

McRabbet

Mine is mounted on a used Drywall Compound bucket pulled out of the dumpster at a new home site (with permission). Banged the bucket to get rid of the dry mud. Then I drilled a hole in the center of the lid with a 2" hole saw. Next I put some self-adhesive foam weatherstripping in a circle about 3-1/2" in diamter around the hole. I drilled four holes for some 5/16" x 1-1/4" bolts through each quadrant of the cyclone base outside the weatherstripping and through the top. Just add a flat washer and tighten the nuts on the inside. I didn't modify the lid gasket or the original lid tabs -- it holds just fine, but still comes off easily. 15 minute job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS