Celtic Knot

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
My first try at this type of thing. A little scroll sawing, a little carving, and a little woodworking. The wood was extracted from Woodguys' trash pile after his dovetail class a few months ago (Thanks John!) and the Celtic idea came partially from Cathy's work (Thanks Cathy!) and partially because I'm heading to Ireland for a couple of weeks vacation next month. It was a fun little project.

Attachments

• Knot_sm.jpg
    Knot_sm.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Pete,

Awesome. Cathy has some serious competition now. You said a 'little of this and a little of that' ... how DID you put this together?

Ray

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Tekkadan said:
The wood was extracted from Woodguys' trash pile after his dovetail class a few months ago (Thanks John!)

I like Woodguy's trash pile too.

It looks great man. A very, very nice piece, that would accentuate any room in ANY house, IMHO.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Great work and I envy your upcoming trip to Erin, hoist a few for the WNCWW'.

Dan C.

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Pete,
Simply outstanding! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap You keep this up and you and Cathy are going to get some serious compitition going. Enjoy your trip!

Pat

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Dave - Yes it's Mahogany. It was a piece discarded from John's Rocker class.

Ray - First I resawed a couple of 1/4 inch thick boards. One for the knot and one for the backer. Then I cut out the knot on the scroll saw and carved the "rope" effect with a small carving set. For the frame I just cut the strips and routed a rabbit to accept the backer board. Then just glued it all together. It's all from one piece of wood so it all matches up pretty well. For a finish I just used a little tung oil. I used a little dark walnut toner on the knot. Sprayed it on and wiped it off leaving some in the cracks to add some depth.

pete

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice Pete! A great display of diverse skills :eusa_clap

I'm envious of your talent and the upcoming trip :jealous:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS