Celtic knot trivet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Okay, Michael, I posted this for you. This is a trivet that I made initially as a regular trivet. My brother-in-law said "Wouldn't it be cool if you shaped it so it looks like rope?!" So, mostly with sandpaper, and sitting in mom's hospital room this came as close as will ever to looking like rope. There is no finish on it - just poor photography. The wood is ambrosia maple - about 1/2" thick and 7" in diameter.

Celticknottrivet.jpg
[/IMG]

DaveO

New User
DaveO
cskipper said:
Okay, Michael, I posted this for you.

Celticknottrivet.jpg
[/IMG]

Cathy can I look at it too :lol: :lol: That came out awesome, you were able to get that definition from just sandpaper8-O You have the patience of a Saint :-D That is really one unique piece and gives a new definition to "hand rubbed".
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
OH MY GOODNESS, CATHY!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

How in the world?????????? Just sandpaper?? I shudder to think what your collection of trivet's must look like!

Clearly you are an artist! And what's more astonishing is that you are turning out these works of art so rapidly. Fascinates me every time you post one.

Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another CSkipper masterpiece :cool:

We gotta get you more wood!

Hope all is well with your mom :-(

Sapwood

cskipper

Cathy
Thank you, but this one has been done awhile. Mom was in the hospital during our week vacation at Myrtle Beach last fall, and I had worked on it before. I tried chisels but decided that I liked my fingers with the tips attached! :lol: I cut most of my trivets in 3-4 hours and then sand them by hand. I just like that part. I posted it for Michael because of a post he made about a different trivet, so yes, everybody can look too! :lol:

cskipper

Cathy
She's as much better as she'll probably get - still gets around pretty well for her age, but is gradually failing. I doubt that she ever makes the trip east again.

walnutjerry

New User
Jerry
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! You really do a super job with your projects Cathy-------I think I know where you could sell if your'e interrested.

Jerry

walnutjerry

New User
Jerry

cskipper

Cathy
I'm in awe. Your pieces and the others I saw are so amazing. I'd be kind of afraid of showing them mine.

cskipper

Cathy
I am not normally - but have you looked at that gallery's site? They have amazing pieces. I guess we are always our parents children - I was thinking that my mom would be so proud (and utterly amazed) if they accepted any of my stuff). She thinks that I'm wasting my time - even if I am only doing it for only for enjoyment. But I do appreciate the encouragement from LOML and you guys!

Last edited:

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
cathy,,:slap: ,,are you silly? your stuff is waaaay awesome,,,i was serious when I said I would pay for a comissioned piece from you,,name your price for the celtic kind, and you could do one with a celtic cross in it that would be awesome,,i come from a big Irish family and would love to show off pictures to my mom and brothers,,shoot they would as for some too,,so get ready to start kicking them out,,

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
cathy, that is totaly up to the artist,,you let me know how much,,and I will have a check in the mail on the first,,this payday is gonig to a bechtop shaper and AC unit,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS